Short codes displayed in search results (and more :))

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Short codes displayed in search results (and more :))

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    s1awek
    s1awek
    Participant

Hi,
    First I want ot say that the plugin is very good, and I’m happy that I purchased it.
    However I have few problems with setting it up.

1. First problem is showing short codes in serach results. If you type in s1a into main search box you’ll get 2 results and one of them includes short codes [bpfb_images] (screen shot attached).
    2. Within above search results there are another problem: cannot click entire text in search result. I can click some part of text and image in the search box but not entire text is clickable.
    3. Search results from activity stream and forum are too long. There is entire post included and I imagine that might be a problem in the future if someone write really long post. Maybe I missed some settings to adjust the length? If yes please point me to the appropriate setting page.
    4. Even I set option “Search in user login names” as “on”, there are no search results with user login (screen shot attached)
    5. .

For some reason I can’t add more than one screen shot, so there is ling to all of them: http://imgur.com/a/EP560

I hope I gave you enough info, if not please let me know and I’ll try to provide more details.

Cheers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words and the proper details, it helped me a lot. You have actually discovered 2 bugs, which were causing all these issues.

1-3. The problems were caused by a missing post process call in the activity feed search.
    4. It was caused by a problem with the role exclusions in the code, as well as the configuration. I’ve fixed both, please check and re-configure the role exclusions on the General Options -> User search panel.

Both bugs were fixed directly via FTP, also on my working test code, so these will be included in the upcoming release so you don’t have to worry about it once you update 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

s1awek
    s1awek
    Participant

Thanks Ernest, that solved all the issues. Sorry for taking away some of your weekend time.
    Take care

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Short codes displayed in search results (and more :))’ is closed to new replies.