Show custom post type categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Show custom post type categories

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I want to show related from my custom post type “portfolio”, I have added the custom post type and the plugin shows my posts. I want to be able to sort them by categories, I have added the categories under Filtering Options and put my categories in the Select the taxonomy field. But frontend wont show the category filter button.

Look at this page: http://torvettannlegesenter.no/site/tannhelsehjelp/testdiagnose/
    I can’t get the filter categories button to show, and posts that are in the categories is in the related box. I have “activated” the categories (TESTKATEGORI1, TESTKATEGORI2, TESTKATEGORI3) under the Related posts options.

The post I have added are in the correct categories and everything seems to be configured right. I do not understand what the problem is.

Please look in to this. You can log in and do what you need.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Your configuration looks correct, so this is most likely an unknown bug yet. Could you please also provide temporary ftp access so I can run diagnostics? I don’t want to edit files via the plugin editor, it’s unsafe.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Hi,

Here is the FTP info. Just remember that the site I am working on are installed in the /site folder. There is an active website in root. Do not do anything with that install.

** hidden **

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you. Will check on it as soon as I can.

I moved your ftp details to an attachment to this post for security reasons.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Thanks! Keep med updated. If you figure it out I would like to know what you did 🙂

Hi,

Have you looked into the problem?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I have found the problem. It was a yet unknown bug, but I managed to fix it. The plugin should work correctly now. This fix will be featured in the upcoming version as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Thanks! How do I translate the button named Category? I cannot find any po og mo files.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

.mo and .po files are not available yet, instead you can use the backend to change the visible text. The “Category filter caption” on the “Layout options -> Filtering options” panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.