shows all posts won't filter

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support shows all posts won't filter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JonDufort
    JonDufort
    Participant

Hi Just downloaded and installed today the Ajax Search Pro plugin. I want to filter the search by taxonomies I created (sports and schools). So people hit the button and are offered checkboxes of those choices. The problem is when any box is checked, all of my posts show, in other words, clicking on a school name don’t make posts about that school show up, it shows everything.
    Here is a page example where I am testing out the shortcode
    http://insidehighscho.wpengine.com/3gallery/
    I did change the theme to “2015” and turn off all plugins. When I did that, clicking on the options button of the search bar no longer presented my schools and sports as choices.
    I tried changing the logic to “And” thinking that if I selected one school it would have to show posts that at least had that one school, same result.
    The site isn’t live yet, but they are anxious to make it go live.
    Please help me if you can figure out why the filtering isn’t working for me!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details!

I am assuming, that some of those results are probably categories/terms and not only post types. I suspect you only want to show post types as results, since filtering taxonomy terms by taxonomy terms is obviously not possible.
    On the General Options -> Sources 2 panel, make sure you don’t have any taxonomies selected to returned: https://i.imgur.com/hgOdbb5.png

Another possibility is, that there might be posts/pages in the results, which may not belong to any of the filtered categories, and by default, the plugin will include those as potential results. To exclude them, turn OFF this option.

I believe these will very likely do it for you.

If you want to, you can read more about these features here:
    Posts with missing terms & filters
    Taxonomy term logic

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.