Single group activites help – Buddypress

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Single group activites help – Buddypress

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mahinur mahinur 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

Hi,

I need help. Please go to this link http://nabetalk.16mb.com/groups/washington-heights/ And see there has a search field of ajax pro plugin.

The search field is showing us all the results of all single group page activities.

But we want a result only for a specific single group page.

That means we have 3 groups.
    1: WASHINGTON HEIGHTS
    2: HUDSON HEIGHTS
    3: INWOOD

And we’ll have different different post in our 3 groups. but for users, we don’t want to show them all the search results of 3 single group page’s activities.

Suppose you go to this page http://nabetalk.16mb.com/groups/washington-heights And only we want to show you search results of this group(WASHINGTON HEIGHTS) only.

Do you understand what I mean? I want to show my visitors only spesific single group activities results. Don’t show them multiple groups result.

And other things,

Group posts are going to members, events & etc.

But I want to show in my group home/activities. Like it’s going to this page http://nabetalk.16mb.com/members/admin/wall/151/
    But that should be shown in the single group page.

So please let me know about it also.

Thanks,
    Mahinur

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

If you want to change any setting of shortcode, please use it. see my attachment. Because this one for only my all groups.

Attachments:
    mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

Also, I used that shortcode here.

I hope my information will help you and you can help me fast 🙂

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well this might be possible, but only by making core changes to one of the plugin files, as well as using a custom code. Please follow the instcutions below:

1. Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_action('asp_layout_in_form', 'asp_add_bp_group_id', 10, 1);
    function asp_add_bp_group_id() {
        $guid = @bp_get_group_id();
        if ( !empty($guid) )
         echo "<input type='hidden' name='bp_group_id' value='$guid'>";
    }

2. Then replace the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/search/class-asp-search-buddypress.php file contents on your server with this.

Save the files, and reload the page. The results should be limited to the currently open group. This solution may not work in all cases though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

Sure, let me do this. And i have backup my site 🙂

mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

But not working…

here is no post. But showing all group posts.

Please take a look again.

Attachments:
    mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

Please let me know i’m waiting for your response

mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

Hey,

One thing need to note: I see the posts are working. But showing events for all groups. And showing the post just for a specific group.

so now for events what can i do?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I re-checked the code, but based on the bp database it should be the correct solution, so I honestly don’t know what exactly is wrong here. The ‘item_id’ column should be the foreign key to the group related to the activity, as far as I was able to tell.
    Please let me know if you know anything about this, and I will try to update the code accordingly. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee customizations to work in all cases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mahinur
    mahinur
    Participant

Okay, I found the problem, maybe database problem of that group. because for the test I create some multiple groups. all are work perfectly.

So now please check my another ticket, and try to reply

thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.