Smartphone view optimization tips needed for slider and checkboxes

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Smartphone view optimization tips needed for slider and checkboxes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patriziord
    patriziord
    Participant

Hi again Ernest!

I’m using ASP into a WooCommerce WP, for the first time.
    I built a simple product filter using a slider – filtering sale_price values – and a checkbox – filtering colors attribute.
    While it’s working just fine on desktop, I’m having a hard time using the two controls both on my own smartphone and tablet – Android, Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    The issue is mainly due to dimensions, I suppose, as I see that the slider is really hard to catch, but sometimes it works, while the checkboxes look unresponsive.
    Furthermore: the slider goes “full throat” or “minimum”, to the right or to the left, just when you touch right or left borders of the device in order to scroll down.

Important: the shop I’m talking about is not listed into the smartphone menu view.
    Just click here – http://emc.patriziord.it/test/

Could you help me on how to change the way controls are displayed on mobile devices, in order to have it bigger and nicely responsive?
    I tried with CSS and some looking into your Knowledge Base as well, but I’m still struggling.

Also:
    I see that having set up ‘isotopic results’ looks fast and fine on desktop, while from my smartphone it’s behaving weirdly:
    results show up really slowly (the database right is pretty lightweight, as I got circa 2 product / 12 variations).
    I tried using Vertical results, but it seems the same way.
    Could you give me some tips for a better configuration on mobile?

Thanks in advance.

Patrizio

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by patriziord patriziord.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Patrizio,

The latest update addresses bugfixes regarding the checkboxes, the slider as well as the isotopic list behavior, it had been just released in the past few hours.

I suggest updating it firs, then clearing all the cache as well. The checkbox trigger issue should immediately go away, as well as the slider should get more responsive.

The performance issue however does not depend on the device, it may have only been a temporary server/ISP issue, as I just checked and it works very fast at the moment, from my end. Make sure to clear all device cache as well. Let me know how it goes, and if you need any changes still.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.