Some issues with search terms

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Some issues with search terms

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aag2021
    aag2021
    Participant

Hi
    I have been trying out search and am having some issues
    1. When I search for a word, even if all the categories are disabled (filters and categories) , the page is still brought up. Needless to say, the page is also brought up with everything enabled
    2. When NOTHING is checked, it seems everything is brought up.
    3. Additionally, even when the term is NOT in the title, and I turn on “search by title”, the page with the searched term is still brought up. This happens even when nothing else is checked. Or when the relevant category is checked.
    4. Finally, sometimes when there is no result, it goes to a new page(see the snip attached).
    And sometimes, it says “No results” on the same page at the right hand side (when there are results, these always show at the right hand side)

The URL for the search is given below, with username and password. Your help is appreciated in resolving these issues.
    https://akhundforbes.com/search-test/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1 & 2) By default the plugin does not exclude items which does not have connection to the filtered taxonomy. In most cases this is expected behaviour, but it can be changed.
    In you case I suggest this configuration: https://i.imgur.com/hOUaM7S.png
    You can try playing around with these options a bit to get as close to the desired results as you need.

3. Checking your configuration I believe the match is very likely found within the content field. If the result is there it must match somewhere from the selected fields. Try turning off the search in content (or use a filter for it if needed) to disable content searches.

4. By default when hitting the magnifier and return button the plugin redirects to the default WordPress theme results page. You can turn that off here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.