Sphinx search on outer sql-tables with ajax on wp

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Sphinx search on outer sql-tables with ajax on wp

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fel
    fel
    Participant

Is it possible to integrate a custom sql search result into the ajax search field?
    I use sphinx for collecting jobs into one index. So I need an ajax inteegration. But the plugin serves only wp_ tables, or?
    May you have an idea how to make this possible.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

At the moment this is not possible without major modifications to the plugin core code. The custom query is only one issue, a bigger problem is, that the results from a custom query need to be converted to a results object as well. There is no easy way of doing this currently.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fel
    fel
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    thanks for reply. I think one way could be, to inject additional data on the point where the plugin the data is collecting.
    Second, it plays only a role to me to influence the search data like in List of google suggestsions.
    Or is it possible, to add more data to the index tabel? Is it a text file or a table in wordpress?

Grüsse

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Grüsse,

That is possibe by using hook functions. There are a number of filters available before the tokenization process, where you can add additional text as you like. I will list these filters below, you can also find them in the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/etc/indextable.class.php file:

apply_filters( 'asp_post_content_before_tokenize', $content, $the_post );
    apply_filters( 'asp_post_excerpt_before_tokenize', $the_post->post_excerpt, $the_post );
    apply_filters( 'asp_post_title_before_tokenize', $the_post->post_title, $the_post );
    apply_filters( 'asp_post_permalink_before_tokenize', $the_post->post_name, $the_post );
    apply_filters( 'asp_post_custom_field_before_tokenize', $values, $the_post, $field );

As an example, let’s say you want to append additional text to the post content before it’s processed by the keyword tokenizer. Then this code is a good start-off:

add_filter('asp_post_content_before_tokenize', 'my_custom_asp_post_content_before_tokenize', 10, 2);
    function my_custom_asp_post_content_before_tokenize($content, $the_post) {
         /**
          * Do your custom queries here, and append the results to the $content variable
          * More info           
          *   $content is the post content that is tokenized       
          *   $the_post is the currently processed post object.
          *   The post ID is in $the_post->ID attribute
          **/                 
         return $content;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.