Spring – Is it a reserved word?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Spring – Is it a reserved word?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dougbernstein
    dougbernstein
    Participant

We have the search bar on the home page. We have a product in WooCommerce that has the word “Spring” in the name. We have also added tags to the product for both “spring” and “springs”. When searching for that word (singular or plural) we get no results. We have changed the name, in testing, to “sprang” and we get positive search results.
    Is the word “spring” a reserved word? We can’t figure out why this is not showing results.
    If it is a reserved word, is there a work around?
    Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Doug

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the details, it helps me lot!

There are no reserved keywords whatsoever, the issue is something else. I have noticed, that you have keyword exceptions set as following:

for, in, on, 's

The problem is, that the for, in and on keywords will be replaced anywhere within the search phrase, meaning that entering Spring will actually search Sprg.

Instead, I believe you meant to place these keywords into the other configuration box, so that for, in and on are replaced only as whole words. Changing the configuration as following, will do the trick and resolve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dougbernstein
    dougbernstein
    Participant

Ernest,
    You are the KING! Thank you so much!
    We love this plugin and now the client is going to love it too!

Thanks again,
    Doug

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.