Status 403

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rt79
    rt79
    Participant

Hi the Ajax Search Pro plugin is working well in my desktop version. But however is it not able to do a search in my mobile version. It gives an error medssage “The request failed. Please check your connections! Status: 403” . May I know how do i rectified the problem?

My websitie are http://newlaunchesreview.com/ and http://xn--yfro4i67ofvdu2u.com/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am seeing the same issue on the desktop site as well. Error 403 means, that the request cannot be completed because there is no permission to access the handler. In this case, the server cannot access the WordPress ajax handler. Therefore the search query is not even executed.
    This is either because of a firewall policy, or a malformed .htaccess rule in the root directory. I suggest checking any custom .htaccess rules, firewall plugins, or any custom firewall/NAT rules.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rt79
    rt79
    Participant

Hi I remember previously my server provide put a POST block on the account to prevent all POST functions made to the account due to suspected malicious activity. I was told to put <Limit POST>
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    allow from 127.0.0.1
    allow from 103.245.95.0/24
    allow from [add your own public ip]
    </Limit>
    in my .htaccess

My website is cleaned up already but I m not sure if the POST block functions is still there. May I know how can u help me on that?

rt79
    rt79
    Participant

It is ok I think I have solved the problem. It is the post limit function in my .htaccess that is causing the problem

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.