Success overall but 3 questions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Success overall but 3 questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 123isearch 123isearch 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    123isearch
    123isearch
    Participant

I like this plugin! And it’s working well. I have a few questions that are stumping me:

1. I’m trying to constrain the results of my search queries to the same area as the current search bar (below). They expand to 100% of the page. Is there a way to keep the width consistent to the bar’s size and the results?

2. Is there a way to add fuzzy logic so that misspellings like Lowes will produce results for Lowe’s (or at least have a “did you mean” option that can find that store)? Similarly, why does “snowshoes” pass on results for “snowshoe”?

3. Finally, some of my images are not picking up. For example, the Tommy Hilfiger query goes to a page with an image but the image isn’t displaying on the search results. I’ve tried various options but haven’t been able to get them to display.

Thanks,
    Mike

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by 123isearch 123isearch. Reason: Better example for problem in #2
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by 123isearch 123isearch.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Your header “row” is displayed as a “table” element, which automatically extends it’s maximum width if additional elements are added in some cases. In my opinion changing that to a block would solve the problem. Try this custom CSS code:

#header .row {
        display: block !important;
    }

Make sure to test everything so it does not break other things.

2. In short answer: most likely not.
    Long answer: The problem is not only creating the logic itself to recognize word endings with “s”-es , and assume it’s plural (and other rules), but also the performance impact. Each assumed misspell would results in an additional search query, which would exponentially decrease the overall performance, not to mention multiple keyword searches with multiple misspellings.
    I need to research this in great details to give you a proper answer to be honest.

3. It appear that results for “Tommy Hilfiger” are terms, and terms does not have images in wordpress by default. I suppose your theme uses a method to append these fields to the editor. (maybe stored as options or another method)
    If you can ask the theme author on how to get the coupon category images based on the term ID, I will put together a small snippet based on his response to fix that. He will probably suggest a function or a small code part, which I will be able to modify to work with the search as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

123isearch
    123isearch
    Participant

Thank you, Ernest. I’m working on these things and plan to update this post as I learn more. Really appreciate your input.

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.