Swiping problem on iOS (touch devices) for isotopic

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Swiping problem on iOS (touch devices) for isotopic

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sminton
    sminton
    Participant

Hi there!

I’ve discovered a bug with the isotopic results layout which exists in our site and on your demo site, on touch devices (specifically iphone and ipad tested.)

To replicate on you demo site do the following:

– Use the isotopic layout
    – Enter a search term for which there is only one page of results
    – Try to scroll the page up and down, you will be unable to do so, I assume because the results see these as swipe events
    – swipe left and right on the results (as you would to change results page) – this will cause an error in the console as follows: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘n(“nav>ul li.asp_active”,i.n.resultsDiv).offset().left’)
    – When you try to tap the result you will be unable to do so and will create more of the same error

How this should function, in my view:

– Scrolling up and down whilst touching a result should scroll the entire page as this is the expected behaviour
    – swipe events shouldn’t fire where there is no second page

and of course the error shouldn’t happen. If you have any issues reproducing please let me know.

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for notifying me about that. I was aware of a swiping issue (swipe up and down was blocking the page), which I thought I fixed in this version of the plugin, but of course Apple devices surprise me once again.

I’ve noted this on the issue tracker, will definitely solve it for the upcoming minor release one way or another. There is a good chance I will have to disable the whole swiping thing for apple devices – somehow detecting swipe left/right does not want to work without blocking the up/down scrollability of the page. I will figure this one out soon.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sminton
    sminton
    Participant

OK – great, thanks for your swift reply Ernest.

Yes – Apple devices seem to require an ever growing number of browser specific fixes these days.

Do you have a hotfix for this or shall I just edit the code of the existing plugin to disable swiping on iOS and check the changelog before I update it next time?

Thanks for your work on this, very well put together plugin.

Simon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words, I’m doing what I can to make this plugin better every day 🙂

I’ve found a temporary solution. Put this snippet into the footer.php file in your theme directory before the closing body tag:

<script>
    jQuery(".asp_main_container").on("asp_results_show", function(event, id, instance, phrase) {
      jQuery("div[id*=ajaxsearchprores] .results").addClass("noSwipe");
    });
    </script>

It will attach to the event just after the results are open and adds the “noSwipe” class to the elements. That should prevent the swipe behavior for now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sminton
    sminton
    Participant

Great – thanks again.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Swiping problem on iOS (touch devices) for isotopic’ is closed to new replies.