Taxonomy Checkbox issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #28982
    blacklabimaging60
    blacklabimaging60
    Participant

    Hello,

    We have been trying to build out search boxes for our site and running into some problems.
    Seems like a nice plugin but with a huge learning curve.
    So the problem we are having is connecting a live search to our woocommerce products on an elementor built page.
    We followed the tutorial and got the live search working but got hung up after that.
    We want to sort the products on the page by taxonomies.
    So we first started with “Brands”
    After adding Brands, we went to the webpage and noticed all the brands are showing up, not just the ones that are associated with the category that we have chosen for the Elementor Products Plugin, this category being “Photography-UsedEquipment”
    https://www.blacklabimaging.com/product-category/photography/used-equipment/
    The page loads the products in the category, but when you uncheck any of the boxes to eliminate specific brands, everything disappears except two items.
    We are not sure what we are doing wrong or if this plugin can handle this.

    Does the plugin dynamically handle the data of whats available in the current product page?
    Is there a better video to watch on how to build out a woocommerce product search or sort?
    We need the ability for the customer to narrow down their search results.

    Attached are two screenshots. First one shows the page as it would look if you just went to it without changing any search options. The second is when you uncheck one of the “Brands” and it wipes everything else away.

    Thanks,

    Robert

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #29001
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you for the details! Can you please check the log-in account permissions? I am not able to see the ajax search pro menu. Thank you!

    I would like to check the configuration first, and then we proceed from there. Thanks!

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #29011
    blacklabimaging60
    blacklabimaging60
    Participant

    Hi Ernest,

    Fixed the permissions. Thanks.

    #29026
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you!

    The issue was, that the products widget had inclusions set by the terms (product category), the search was not restricted to that category as well. So I changed that under the Advanced Options -> exclude/include results panel on the search instance settings.
    It should be all right now.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.