Taxonomy Issue

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by nd04 nd04 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7373
    nd04
    nd04
    Participant

    Hello,

    I have updated 4.7 version and having the following problem ;

    (1) The search style is not properly shown on the page as it should. When I select “Force Inline Style” in “Compatibility Setting” then it shows fine. Otherwise the search box are big block in height. Last time I asked this question you told me to select “200” and not search”0″ on frontend option. I am doing the same but the problem is there. So should I select “Force Inline Style”.

    (2) Second issue I am not able to drag or select taxonomy term in “Drag here the terms you want to include! ” box.Also when I select taxonomy term from dropdown then term are not populated in “Available terms for the selected texonomy” box. Attaching the screenshot 1.

    (3) Third issue as in the screenshot ‘attachment 2″ when I put the cursor on “News” there is dropdown box which opens ups above the search bar. Now when I drag the cursor to “By Process”, “By End Use” everything is fine but when I take my cursor on “Supplier” the dropdown box disappears. It seems that search bar is not letting the cursor move on any dropdown item beyond the bar. I am attaching the screenshot (attachment 3) “Industry Statistics”. In this case also the same problem and here the search text is appearing above the dropdown box.

    Please help me to resolve these issues.

    Thanks

    • This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by nd04 nd04.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #7377
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    Can you please update your ticket with temporary back-end and FTP access details? The taxonomy and the styling problem might be caused by an incompatibility, but I’m not able to tell unless I see it.

    The menu issue is most likely a simple z-index problem, whereas the menu elements appear behind the input field. I will most likely be able to suggest a custom CSS code to increase the menu z-index value to appear in front of the search bar – but of course I will have to see it first.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #7381
    nd04
    nd04
    Participant

    Hello Ernest,

    I have provided the credentials.

    Thanks

    #7382
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi again!

    1. It was probably a caching issue. I’ve turned off inline styles and even turned on the conditional CSS loader and it works perfectly.

    2. I believe this was caching as well. I have tried 3 different browsers, but it was working for me without problems. Make sure to clear your browser cache and refresh the page with CTRL + R. Your browser might loaded the old javascript and stylesheet files from version 4.6 – that would explain both issues so far.

    3. It was only a z-index issue as I predicted. I’ve added the following custom CSS code to the news search custom CSS section:

    .proinput input.orig {
       z-index: 5 !important;
    }
    
    .promagnifier, .proloading, .proclose {
      z-index: 1 !important;
    }

    This sets back the input field and the icons to a lower value, so they should appear behind the menu now.

    Let me know if you have any other problems.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #7385
    nd04
    nd04
    Participant

    Hello Ernest,

    Firstly thanks for such a prompt action on the issue.

    I am still facing the problem of search bar not appearing behind the menu (z index issue).

    Yesterday after you fixed up the problem everything was working fine, that is the taxonomy input and the search bar appearance were functioning as desired.

    But today again search bar (z index) is creating problem. The only change I have done on my website yesterday after you fixed up the problem was updating the security plugin ” Wordfence”.

    So request you to please look into it.

    Thanks

    #7388
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    I’ve added the same CSS rules to the theme options as well, so it should work with every search instance globally now: https://i.imgur.com/RcX5hRd.png

    I hope that solved the problem.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #7391
    nd04
    nd04
    Participant

    Hello Ernest,

    Its now working fine

    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.