Taxonomy search doesnt work

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Taxonomy search doesnt work

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by brandbjerg brandbjerg 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    brandbjerg
    brandbjerg
    Participant

I have made the category/terms selectors on my search, and I read and seen the video about how to do this. But it doesnt work. When I deselect a taxonomy, it still displays search results from the given toxonomy. So somehow its not enough to make the
    Categories & Taxonomy Terms under frontend search settings – but the video doesnt tell anything about this.

So how do I make the txonomy input fields actually work, so it only searches these taxonomies?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

If I’m seeing correctly, you are trying to search and return taxonomy terms as results. However the taxonomy term filters work with post type results, not with taxonomy term results – as there is no direct relation between taxonomy terms with 2 or more levels of hierarchy.

I usually suggest a modification or something to bypass an issue, but I’m afraid this is not possible to achieve, not even with a modification.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

brandbjerg
    brandbjerg
    Participant

Hi

What I want is the user to be able to limit the search to specific parts of the homepage. Is that not possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Parts of pages are actually stored in the database as one single post, so there is no way for the plugin to differenciate them as separate objects. Filtering is only possible of individual custom post types (such as posts, pages), by corresponding taxonomies or custom fields.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

brandbjerg
    brandbjerg
    Participant

I think that is exactly what I want to do.
    The programmers of my homepage have made several extra posttypes, so beside pages, there are also a post type called courses and one called subjects. I want to make a taxonomy where users can choose to search only in fx courses and another user will only search in subjects.
    Is that then possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That should be possible, yes. You can find most of the information regarding taxonomy term based filtering in the Taxonomy Term filters documentation, in case you need that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

brandbjerg
    brandbjerg
    Participant

ok. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.