The filters do not filter

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marine69
    marine69
    Participant

Dear, first of all sorry for my bad english, than,
    i created a 2 columns page with elementor, in the first column there is the widget products and in the second the shortcode widget with the correct short code of ajaxsearchpro.
    I insert the css classes on the product widget but the filters does not filter.
    I have 2 kind of filters, the first created using custom fields and the second one with category field but no one works.
    Example if i select the category pellet the result shows also productso of others category and if i selct in the dropdown a brand (marchio) the custom field filter show me also products with other value.
    You can see the problem in this page: https://www.robertomarinello.com/categoria-prodotto/stufe/ where i used the search instance RICERCA STUFE [wd_asp id=2]
    Can You help me?
    Thank You.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by marine69 marine69.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure!

The issue is, that you are trying to use the filter on a product archive template, which is not possible to do. This type of filtering will only work either on a single page, or on the search results page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

marine69
    marine69
    Participant

Ok, i understand.
    Using products widget in a page is possible to show only products of a certain category?
    Thank You

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, currently we could not find a solution to properly filter them unfortunately. Archive pages are a bit tricky. I hope that soon we can resolve this as well, it is a widely requested feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

marine69
    marine69
    Participant

Sorry but i do not understand, and i repeat the question:
    Is it possible to show only products of a certain category in a page using products widget?
    Sorry but my english is so bad.
    Thank You

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh, sorry I missunderstood you.

I think might be possible. The Elementor widget may not have an option for it. But, you can try restricting the search results to a certain category only + using the auto populate feature. In that case the results will load automatically on page load, restricted to that category only.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.