The request failed. Please check your connection! Status: 500

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support The request failed. Please check your connection! Status: 500

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sourojit
    Sourojit
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I hope you are doing well.

I am getting a “The request failed. Please check your connection! Status: 500” when I try to search for anything. This happens as soon as I upgrade the PHP version to 8. So as a Temporary fix, I reverted my Live Site to 7.4 and kept the Staging site to PHP8.

I checked the PHP error log, and it is filled with numerous entries of the error below:
    [23-Feb-2023 10:29:13 UTC] PHP Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /home/sellinghero/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/Utils/FileManager.php on line 183

I have tried the latest and a few old versions for ASP; all have the same error with PHP 8. So for me, the PHP upgrade is causing the issue. Please help me with some solutions. I have cleared all Caches and CDN. The staging site has the Cache plugin disabled.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

From the error message it looks like that the new PHP handler has no permissions to the file system (or parts of it). It is not clear from the message which directory is at fault exactly, but it should be somewhere around the wp-content folder.
    Make sure that the server apache user has permissions to write to directories, it is very important for WordPress to run properly. Usually checking the file permissions on the “wp-content”, “wp-content/uploads” and “wp-content/cache” folders does the trick.
    If you are using php-fpm check if the user and group is correctly set for the pool. Otherwise PHP will have no write permissions for the folders.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Sourojit
    Sourojit
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay! Let me know if you still experience the issue afterwards, and I will take a closer look and debug the code if needed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Sourojit
    Sourojit
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t see anything suspicious about the code, check the error logs, it will definitely reveal which line is at fault in this custom code. It is probably something minor.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.