this plugin forcing image to square

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support this plugin forcing image to square

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    somuch77
    somuch77
    Participant

the image size i’m talking about here are the images on content article, i’m happy with the rpp image.

with this plugin on, medium image are forced to be square with 300px*300px size (cropped).
    i know this plugin use square size or other chosen size, but it shouldn’t change the wp image default. not all image are supposed to be square. most image are not.
    with this plugin active, when i used custom size, i can change the size but still get the cropped image, so the picture turn out weird, not on the right proportion.

when i turn off this plugin, i can upload image and get default size.

this is important, i wonder why noone has asked this before.

is there a fix for this? thanks

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by somuch77 somuch77. Reason: fixing question
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It might be related to the newest version of the wordpress only. I think I have a solution though.

Open up the wp-content/plugins/related-posts-pro/includes/bfi_thumb.php file and go to lines 773-775, where you should see this:

if ( ! is_admin() || (defined( 'DOING_AJAX' ) && DOING_AJAX) ) {
    	add_filter( 'image_resize_dimensions', 'bfi_image_resize_dimensions', 10, 5 );
    }

remove those lines, or comment it out like this:

/*if ( ! is_admin() || (defined( 'DOING_AJAX' ) && DOING_AJAX) ) {
    	add_filter( 'image_resize_dimensions', 'bfi_image_resize_dimensions', 10, 5 );
    }*/

Let me know if it changes anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

somuch77
    somuch77
    Participant

haha, bullseye

the content image size fixed, and rpp image is not affected by this change, i tried to regenerate rpp image and it generated well.

thanks! 5 stars rated

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m glad to hear that!

Thank you for the 5 star rating, I really appreciate it! I’ll make sure this fix gets incorporated to the upcoming version.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.