This search form (with id something) does not exist!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support This search form (with id something) does not exist!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gregorial
    Gregorial
    Participant

I have created a search form etc and added the short code appropriately but its failing to find the appropriate id leaving me with the following error on the page This search form (with id something) does not exist! even though the id 1 exists.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details, it helps me a lot!

Can you please link me to a page where this issue happened, or the exact method on how I can replicate the issue? I tried to temporary enable the search form override, but I am seeing the search bar in the page footer, like so: https://i.imgur.com/YoRWJ2E.png

Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Gregorial
    Gregorial
    Participant

Hey I actually figured out how to get it working,

however I am struggling to search specific downloads items from packages this is the page I am working on right now http://sureflame.grogers.ca/manuals/, however, I cannot get it to search via a serial number range which is a custom field I set up.

I also cannot get it to search specifically package attachments which are part of the download section I have added a screenshot, the page I displaying the items is one of many http://sureflame.grogers.ca/manual-downloads/test/

Can you help with getting this or a new search to work for this the client is looking for a search engine to primarily just search their downloads of PDF manuals in a design structure shown in the mockup design attached? They want two search engines one to display manuals under a certain package or category and then search via a serial number lookup which I set up as an advanced custom field range slider.

Let me know if you can provide some guidance using your search plugin.

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Gregorial
    Gregorial
    Participant

Looking to get this sorted as soon as possible. do you have a timeline at all ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I usually answer within hours, or as soon as I possible can. I’m based in central Europe, so there might be a bit more delay, depending on your location.

I have a few follow-up questions, I want to make sure I understand your requests.

..however, I cannot get it to search via a serial number range which is a custom field I set up..
    I am guessing you are reffering to that serial-range bar on top of the ‘Downloads’ editor screen: https://i.imgur.com/xEN3WmN.png
    I’m not sure how that field is stored in the database exactly, but my guess is, that the minimum and maximum values must be stored in the specified field for that slider. The problem is, that doing searches, the database will only see these values as they are, only ACF has a method to make sense of it. That means, that it is not possible for an SQL query to treat that field as a real ‘range’, and execute queries that match values within that range – because the database only sees that as a simple string. That means, that matching the start and end range numbers are most likely possible (as those must be stored), but nothing inbetween.

This could be only possible by creating some sort of a custom filter function, that executes after the search process, gets the serial range for each result, and then filter them based on the entered value within the filter. I think I can help you with that, but first, make sure to create a filter on that field as you would like it, then I will see what I can do about it.

I’m am not sure about your request based on the mock up though. From what I understand, there are models (I’m guessing these are post types?) and choosing the model would return the PDFs attached to that product? If so, then you will need a custom solution for that one, I don’t know there is a plugin that is able to handle that, to be honest.
    Unless, the PDFs you are looking for are media attachments, or any post types registered, and the models are taxonomy terms or custom fields directly related to the PDFs post type – in that case, a filter should be possible to make. I have quickly looked through the back-end, but I don’t know if this is actually the case, as I didn’t find a post type editor for these ‘attachments’.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.