Three errors with search button

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Three errors with search button

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    totraveltoo12
    totraveltoo12
    Participant

Hi
    We are having some issues with the search buttons
    1. Screen shot attached – search button top right hand corner not working and the search button on the right not working
    2. Screen shot attached – when I am in an article and want to search another destination – the search query does not work – it adds to the URL in the URL line

Thanks Jane

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. The search button on the top right corner is not printed nor controlled by our plugin, it looks like it is the theme search icon.

2. On that page there are fatal error reports on the javascript console, as well as the plugin scripts are completely missing from the page.
    Usually the missing scripts are caused by uncleared cache – clearing all layers of cache (minify, cloudflare, page etc..) may resolve that issue, however I still recommend investigating the error messages as well – as those will block any further javascript execution on the page, and the plugin may not be able to initialize because of it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

totraveltoo12
    totraveltoo12
    Participant

Hi

Thank you for your information. I am working hard to get my website validated for CWV. Ajax Search Pro as you have mentioned runs on J Query – this impacts my speed. Also I am not really happy with the issues I have had with it and that I have to keep paying for support.

I have deactivated the plugin and will not be using it. I recently paid for renewal of support and now ask for this support fee to be refunded back to me.

Thank you
    Jane

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Ajax Search Pro no longer runs on jQuery – it had been reworked since version 4.21 – it is completely modernized for ES6+ standards without the requirement of jquery. We had been measuring perfect (100/100) pagespeed scores with it on CVW.
    You can learn more about it in this documenation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

totraveltoo12
    totraveltoo12
    Participant

Hi
    Thank you for your information. I would still like a refund from the support as I have decided still not to use Ajax Search Pro.
    Many thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.