Translation of Frontend

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    klopkom
    klopkom
    Participant

Hi,

I have a multi language website created with the WPML plugin. Now I need to translate the placeholder text “Search here…” into 8 languages. Where can I do this? It doesn’t seem be part of the *.pot file.

Thanks. Regards,

Holger

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Holger,

It is not part of the .pot file, as it is a dynamically changeable string, ant .pot files does not support that. You can use the WPML String translations module to translate the front-end.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

klopkom
    klopkom
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thank you for your very fast answer.

Unfortunately I don’t want to use the WPML string translation plugin. Because it creates a huge amount of database entries. The site gets far too slow with it. I already had an other clients site where I had of 110.000 entries created by this plugin. And I couldn’t get rid of them. I had to set up this site again. ;-(

I’m using “loco translate” plugin instead. But unfortunately it doesn’t find “Search here…” inside your plugin.

Is there a way to make it translateable?

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is the way or Polylang string translations. Unfortunately .mo .po method only works on strings that are statically hard-coded. Since these texts are changeable, the only way to do it is via a string translator module – in this case WPML and Polylang are supported. Unfortunately as far as I know Loco translate only works with static content.

I wish there was a way to somehow make it work via the .pot translating system, but does not work with dynamic string by design.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.