Unable to open the setting page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Unable to open the setting page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shnl
    shnl
    Participant

Hi,

I bought your Ajax Search Pro few days ago, it is really a fantastic search plugin!
    I have one problem when I try to make some changes at Search Settings because it keeps loading and never ends up(see the attached photo)
    I also tried few times to reach the setting page after deactivating all other plugins or even changed theme, but fail to do so.

Looking forwards to hearing from you.

Regards

shnl

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I might know what is causing the problem. There was a similar issue reported with the recent update (4.9.0) . I’ve already finished the next hotfix version, it’s waiting for approval on codecanyon.

I’m attaching this new version to this reply, please install this one instead, I hope this fixes the problem. (just deactivate and delete the one you have and install this one instead)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

shnl
    shnl
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your effort to make a fixed version, but when I updated this 4.9.1 version the problem I mentioned before still remains the same.

By the way, this Ajax search can not replace my theme search function, is it possible to integrate it to menu bar(I use Impreza theme)? It would be wonderful for many users who use full wide screen as home page.

Kind regard,

shnl

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this case I will have to check this manually, to see if there is some kind of conflict or a yet unknown bug. Can you please update your ticket details with temporary log-in and FTP access? (you can also post them as a private reply)

Integration to navigation bars is only possible by editing the theme code. It has been requested many times, but it’s simply not possible for two reasons: WordPress does not support adding shortcodes to menu items, and every menu structure (and navbar) differs for every theme out there, it would cause many visual problems. (plus there are other possible issues, but these are the main ones)

If you want, I can take a look at the navbar via FTP as well, maybe I can place the plugin shortcode it to a position you need it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

shnl
    shnl
    Participant

Hi,

Today I managed to open the setting page after many times tryout. Everything seems ok now. I appreciate your effort to help me. Many thanks again.

Best,

shnl

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unable to open the setting page’ is closed to new replies.