Untick Checkboxes by default

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Untick Checkboxes by default

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Philip Murray Philip Murray 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

hi

I have used AJAX PRO to provide a search panel on this page of a client site.

I would like to have the checkboxes ‘unticked’ by default please for these Custom Post Types — how can I do this?

thanks

Philip

Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

also can the checkboxes be laid out in a grid rather than vertically?

regards

Philip

Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

hi

Also – the Post Type search doesn’t seem to be working correctly – maybe i have a setting incorrectly added

for example – if you look at this page

https://xenopus.fdmserver.com/antibody

then select ONLY the antibody post type option checkbox and search for xBub3 in the ‘in page search’ [ie: not the top header search box]

you see a result — which is good but when i select Plasmid as the post type the same result appears even though that record only lives in the Antibodies post type?

what setting do i need to change please? if I select a post type i should only see results from that post type [if they exist in the site]

regards

Philip

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The default state of the filters can be set under the “Change display mode” button, here: https://i.imgur.com/etvujLl.png
    To set them vertically, use this custom CSS:

.asp_filter_tax {
        width: 100% !important;
        min-width: 100% !important;
    }

.asp_filter_tax .asp_simplebar-content {
        display: flex !important;
        flex-wrap: wrap;
    }

.asp_filter_tax .asp_option {
        margin-left: 0 !important;
    }

.asp_filter_tax .asp_option .asp_option_label {
        white-space: nowrap;
    }

If the search results have seemingly no effect on the results page, make sure the results override feature is enabled.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

HI ERNEST

thanks for your reply however i don’t see the pop up box you showed in the png file – see my screenshot

regards

Philip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

hi Ernest

I also added the custom CSS into the Custom CSS button under Themes / Styling — but the checkboxes are still appearing in a vertical column — i was trying to get them to fill space horizontally

so a table or grid of 3 across and 3 down etc – something like that

Regards

Philip

Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

hi Ernest

The Post Type search [those checkboxes basically] is still not working the way i would like

basically – if you select a Post Type [one of the checkboxes – it should ONLY return results from that category — but at present it is returning search results no matter which category or categories are chosen [note – they are post types rather than categories really]

so if you search for the term noggin in that post type search box and select Xla Transgenics as the post type – the result is returned but it also shows results for the term nog – and these only exist in the Plasmids post type

Regards

Philip

Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Phillip,

Sorry, we are a bit more busy than usual, due to the plugin sale. I will continue this conversation shortly in the other topic you have opened.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Philip Murray
    Philip Murray
    Participant

Thanks very much Ernest – I really appreciate it

Philip

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.