Url modification

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tetramedic54
    Tetramedic54
    Participant

Hi,
    im trying to make url links with certain filters selected, on my product page.

I can not find any documentation for the filter selection
    For the search bar, we can use : http://mywebsite.com/?asp_id=1&asp_s=phrase

but i want to have a selection in the filter for category taxonomy, for example see screenshot.
    how can i modify the url to have this pre-selected?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This knowledge base will help you with that 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Tetramedic54
    Tetramedic54
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for that link, I generated some links however, in all of them the “select all” box is always selected
    I have tried disabling it, but even then, it selects them all..

attached: what I want VS what i get

Cheers

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, in that case it will be selected by default unfortunately. If either of the links are selected, it gets selected as well automatically – so the user can quickly deselect everything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tetramedic54
    Tetramedic54
    Participant

hmm okay so how do i solve it ? I dont want to display everything, only the selected category.

Im not sure if you understand the problem, the filter does not work, if the “select all” is selected, it is showing all products not only the ones i have selected. Even disableing the “select all” it keeps showing all products

This way the filter is useless.

The annoying part is that it works if i select them manually everything works, but if i create an URL, the link doesn’t work correctly.

Could you send me an URL that works as an example, If i click it that it only shows Bighorn products,

Thank you

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Tetramedic54 Tetramedic54.
    Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, the select all feature might not be possible to deselcted without making direct modifications to the core code I’m afraid.

The others however can be resolved. Because you have an elementor products widget, it needs to be triggered to reload on the page load event. Instead of that code, use this one to get the page URLs:

var id=1; 
    ASP.api(id, 'getStateURL')+'&asp_s=&asp_id='+id;

This will generate the URLs with a trigger, so once the page is loaded it will force an empty search to refresh the products list on the Elementor Products widget to display the correct ones.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tetramedic54
    Tetramedic54
    Participant

It is a bit slower but it works! Thank you!

Great plugin! 5-Stars

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.