Using the button to reset filters is malforming the next search query

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Using the button to reset filters is malforming the next search query

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mp-active01
    mp-active01
    Participant

Hi,

I have encountered some strange behaviour with the ajax search pro reset button associated with the catergories/taxonomy terms. Currently after using the reset button to reset the state of all filters, the next search will not pull back the correct results.

(1.) First of all performing a search with a filter active and the seach text left blank will return results correctly. The request url will look like this:

https://www.activemw.com/?s=&post_type=projects&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=75975&woo_currency=GBP&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content&asp_gen%5B%5D=excerpt&customset%5B%5D=project&termset%5Bproject_category%5D%5B%5D=431

(2.) If the reset button is then pressed – clearing the filter options – and a text search is then peformed, it will always bring back no results. The request url will look like this:

https://www.activemw.com/?s=paul&post_type=projects&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=77084&woo_currency=GBP&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&customset%5B%5D=project

(3.) Performing the same text search as showed in (2.) from a fresh page load rather than first having cleared all filters with the reset button will create a request url like below. This search query is always successful and pulls back the correct results.

https://www.activemw.com/?s=paul&post_type=projects&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=-1&woo_currency=GBP&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content&asp_gen%5B%5D=excerpt&customset%5B%5D=project

The only difference I can see between request (2.) and (3.) is the exclusion of the parameters asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content&asp_gen%5B%5D=excerpt. If you could clarify why using my reset button is malforming the next search request that would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks,

Michael Priest

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the details, I was able to replicate this issue on our local test servers, so this is a yet unknown bug. Luckily it is only a minor error, so it can be fixed via a simple file edit.
    If you want, I can do that for you via FTP, or your can do it as well, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure to have a full site back-up just in case.
    2. Open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/asp.shortcode.general.php file via FTP file editor on your server
    3. Change it’s contents to this
    4. Save the file

The issue should be gone.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mp-active01
    mp-active01
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for your speedy response.

I have followed your steps and updated our files with your suggested solution. I can confirm the search does appear to be behaving as expected now.

Thanks again,

Michael

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.