Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    micropixel
    micropixel
    Participant

Im getting this error in in my site

Error :
    Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in D:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\test.xxxxxxx.com\wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\shortcodes.php on line 95

Can you please guide me how to solve this error.
    My site having many ACF custom fields.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Make sure that the correct shortcode is used (with the correct search ID). Also, try re-saving the search options. The error might indicate missing options, but I’m not sure.

Can you provide temporary admin and FTP access so I can check on the issue?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

micropixel
    micropixel
    Participant

The error come one very specific change…

When i add only few Custom Field in search then it does not generate the error… when i add all of my custom field in search then it start giving this error… everything is save and properly configured

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

How many custom fields do you add? Maybe the field becomes too large.

It’s almost impossible to tell, because the error message does not tell the source of the issue. Let me know if you can somehow give me access to a test environment, and I gladly take a look.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

micropixel
    micropixel
    Participant

There are approx 400-500 Custom Fields… Its difficult to provide test credentials because site is live… 🙁 sorry

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That’s probably the problem there, it’s an extremely high amount to search for.

I would rather recommend using the Index Table engine for this purpose instead of the regular one: index table documentation

Even if you can make it work with the regular engine, the search query is going to be insanely big and it’s going to take forever to execute. (or might not be executed at all) It’s completely fine with a few custom fields, but for hundreds it’s not recommended.

The index table engine however takes care of this issue by pre-indexing the configured fields, so the final search queries are super fast and very efficient.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.