Weglot comptability

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BLUECONCEPT
    BLUECONCEPT
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using you ajax search pro plugin on my site along with WeGlot for multilanguage. In the default language (FRENCH) the search field is returning data allright. But when I select another language (ENGLISH), I get a warning popup: The response data is missing from the ajax request.

I try to Use the custom ajax handler but still have the error. Any idea?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details! However I could not find the language switcher button/link, I’m not sure where it is. Can you please link me to the french and english home pages, I will try it out.

Please note, that currently only WPML and Polylang are supported, so there is a chance that it might not work as expected. This issue sounds like a permalink thing, perhaps the ajax handler URL is somehow changed, where it shouldn’t be, I am not sure yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

BLUECONCEPT
    BLUECONCEPT
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you!

Okay, the problem is, that the plugin is actually returning a response, but something is changing the output of the HTML code, that the plugin ajax handler returns. The starting response delimiter is changed from !!ASPSTART_HTML!! to !! ASPSTART_HTML! on the english version (adding a space, and removing a ! sign from the end). On the french version page it looks fine.

I have not seen anything like this before, but I am guessing that the translation plugin is somehow tempering with the ajax responses, and makes some sort of relacements. If there is a translation configuration, or some sort of a manual translation section, make sure to check if there isn’t any rule that changes !!ASPSTART_HTML!! to !! ASPSTART_HTML!, because that is causing the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.