wpml search not working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

The site has 4 languages. Search works in English and Russian. But not in Indian and Chinese.

In the settings it is specified to search only by the title of the records. But in Indian and Japanese, the search does not find anything …

Type “POCO X4 Pro” into the search on the page https://miuirom.org/hi/phones/poco-x4-pro-5g and nothing will be displayed. Switch to English or Russian – everything works! Japanese is also empty.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to check this section of the knowledge base, please make sure everything is set up as suggested. Let me know if that helped.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

All of these settings are active, but the search does not work in Hindi and Japanese.

The site was originally created in English and was immediately translated into Russian. The search works in these languages.

A week ago, the translation into Hindi and Japanese was completed. The search does not work in these languages.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The custom ajax handler is still active, that I can see on the front-end, please check again – that may resolve the issue. Make sure to double check all the other options too, just to be sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

It is active in the settings. I turned it off and on again, but nothing has changed.

It’s just not clear why the search doesn’t work in these languages…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Do not turn it on and off, keep it off – that is recommended when using with WPML. I am trying to test your front-end for clues, but it is still turned on. After turning off, make sure to clear all layers of your site cache. It can be the cause of the issue, as that feature uses a bypass for certain plugins.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

Yes, I’m sorry.
    Handler disabled, site cache cleared.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

The front-end looks clean, the query seems to be sending all right. Can you pelase add temproary FTP and back-end access? I would like to debug the query directly, to see what is up on the server side of the things.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

I just figured it out. The problem was in the plugin settings “Include posts (or cpt, attachments, comments) only from selected categories/taxonomy terms”.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.