Wrong input language – Search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Wrong input language – Search results

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    trucker09
    trucker09
    Participant

Hello

Is it possible for the plugin to search for a specific term or phrase even when the wrong input language is used ?

For instance if the user wants to search for “wurth” but by mistake is using his native input language (Greek) and writes “ςθρτη”, to get the same results ?

Something similar to what Google search is doing.

Thank you for your help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid that is not possible. The comparision for the input phrase is text based, so it would have to first translate to multiple languages, and then do the comparision for all of them until it gets a match – and that would probably take a lot of time and processing power as well.
    Therefore I’m afraid I can’t recommend any custom code to maybe do this somehow, as this is a much more complicated issue.

You can however use the synonyms feature. If you know some keywords are commonly typed in different language, then you can add them as synonyms. Then searching the synonym keywords will match the originals.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.