Wrong URL on category search result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Wrong URL on category search result

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ivans ivans 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ivans
    ivans
    Participant

When searching a city name in ajax search pro (You will find it in homepage) Some city CATEGORIES has a wrong URL
    For example, searching “quito” in an english language (choosing international or any other) you get a url with /es/
    This only happen with certaing categories. Perhaps with categories that have the same name in different languages. Also with “tallin”

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by ivans ivans.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The categories are parsed by ID, and they have a different ID in different languages, as far as I know. Are those certain categories working correctly (correct url) on other pages? Can you tell me a few which is the correct url for the “quito” category?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ivans
    ivans
    Participant

For international, the correct url is http://woktowalk.com/locations/quito/
    but if you search Quito goes to http://woktowalk.com/es/locations/quito-es/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Ok, I will try to check the back-end for more information. Could you please correct the admin details you provided? It does not let me log in with that.

If you could also provide temporary FTP details, it would help a lot debugging the problem if it’s related to the plugin.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

[deleted because duplicated post]

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ivans
    ivans
    Participant

I’ve uptated wordpress admin and FTP details. Please note URL for wordpress admin is not the standard one. Has been changed for security reasons.
    Thanks for your help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for the details. It took me a while to find the problem, and I’m afraid I can’t fix it because it does not seem to be related to the search.

I will try to explain in as much details as I can:
    There is a database error regarding the faulty terms. It’s not visible on the back-end, only with a closer inspection. Let me try to explain with the term “Quito”. There is an english version with an ID of 1511, which should be the one that’s returned within the results. However the term with ID 1513 is returned, which should be the spanish version, but it’s not. I queried the database and the 1513 is marked with the language code “en”, which is english. More interestingly, the original english (id 1511) does not have a language code. To further prove the problem, if you for example go to the editor to edit the spanish translation of the “Quito” tag (id 1513), and the source terms is the same as the translation! So term 1513 is english, displayed as spanish, and it is it’s own translation because of this error.
    Demonstrated on a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/IgCQh0o.png

I’m not sure what to do here. Perhaps deleting the Quito and all the fauty tags and re-creating.
    Or maybe ask the WPML support first, to make sure I’m not mistaking anything, they surely know better than me.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ivans
    ivans
    Participant

You’re totally right. There’s a problem when creating taxonomies. I will contact WPML support.
    Thanks for your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.