Your Tool is Amazing!!! 2 Quick questions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Your Tool is Amazing!!! 2 Quick questions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    blavere
    blavere
    Participant

Your plugin is simply amazing! It’s doing far more than I ever expected. I just want to know more about it.

1. After Indexing Table site complete, it says I have over 600k keywords. Where can I see that list?

2. I want to track priority searches. If a search become popular, I want that search result to appear at the top of all additional searches. Can that be done under Priorities? Can you assist me in setting that up?

That’s all for now. Freak’n love your tool!

Regards,

Brandon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

Thank you very much for your kind words, it is greatly appreciated.

1. Well, the only way to see those words is within the database. If you have a database viewer tool like phpMyAdmin, then you can check them in the wp_asp_index database table. You won’t see much useful information there, as you would have to run some aggregation queries to get the keywords for specific documents and such.

2. I’m afraid that is not doable at the moment. The results and interactions are not tracked in any way, at least not yet. This might be a neat feature though, I will definitely think about implementing something similar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

blavere
    blavere
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are very welcome!

In wordpress you cannot really create a separate page for search results, it is always handled by the search.php file in the theme directory (or inherently index.php). The results pages are usually either customized by making direct changes to that template file via a child theme, or using a custom page builder – but those may not work with all themes.

You can change the search “page” link to a nice permalink via a custom code, and point the search to redirect to that URL, but the results are still handled the same way. It is not an actual page in that case either, it is only a nice alias for it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

blavere
    blavere
    Participant
    blavere
    blavere
    Participant
    blavere
    blavere
    Participant
    blavere
    blavere
    Participant
    blavere
    blavere
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The results shortcode is for when you want to display the live results list on the same page where the search is – but not below the search bar as default.
    Changing the results URL to a custom page will not display the results on that page – it only tells the plugin which permalink/uri acts as the search results handler, and pushes the query arguments for that.

We are actually working on a “custom results” page builder (via shortcode) solution, but it is extremely problematic, as there are limitations we need to overcome first.

If you want to use that uri structure as the results page, then you will have to do that programatically as I linked earlier. Unfortunately the plugin cannot do this automatically, as it is either needs a theme file change or a .htaccess modification, that the plugin has no access to.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.