z-index issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by donlange donlange 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    donlange
    donlange
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

How do I control the z-index of my Multiselect with search drop-down menus so they are not hidden by elements below? Please see the screen capture attachment depicting my drop-down menu partially hidden by the footer section. There are actually 7 items in this particular drop-down.

Thank you very much,
    Don

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Don,

That is hard to tell only by a screenshot, as it could be an overflow issue, as well as a z-index issue, or both combined. The overlaying element z-index might need to be adjusted as well.

Can you pelase add a link to a page where I can check this issue? No need for admin credentials or anything, I should be able to construct a custom CSS via the browser console.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

donlange
    donlange
    Participant

Sure… here you go Ernest:

https://chasebrothersland.com and scroll to the bottom, please.

It’s a work in progress on a development site but I really like what I was able to do with your plugin so far. I think the only way you’ll be able to see the problem is when resizing the window all the way out on a big display and then reducing its size. I haven’t checked it on a laptop yet but will do so right now.

Thank you,
    Don

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by donlange donlange.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Don,

Thank you very much.

Well, unfortunately this is not a z-index issue, but an overflow problem. The section container has an invisible overflow set, which means, that none of the containing element can be visible outside the container boundaries, see: https://i.imgur.com/Fukn5zX.png
    This is not possible to bypass in any way. The only exceptions are fixed positioned elements, but in this case tit’s not applicable.

I am not sure what is the best resolution here. The overfolw I guess is needed for the parallax effect. Maybe instead of searchable multiselect, using a checkbox layout could work, as it has a fixed height, and no floating elements.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

donlange
    donlange
    Participant

Thank you very much for examining my page, Ernest.

Turning off the parallax background effect on the ASP section solved the issue and will be an acceptable resolution for now.

Regards,
    Don

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.