Ajax PRO issues

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by sawimksa29 sawimksa29 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant

we installed your plugin but disappointed. its slow, not accurate and for a Woocommerce store, we can’t use product filters (Like price, sort by cost etc) in search results and then its creating other issues & conflicts with code.
    please check http://www.zamboola.com where its used.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details! I have tried the plugin via the header search icon, and took a few measurements to see the performance, and it is really fast on my end: https://i.imgur.com/tx6EPdl.png
    Those are just above half a second response times, that is faster than our demo server.

Please let me know what conflicts are you getting in details, and how I can replicate them. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

When user searches for tours in the results they must see product filters so they can sort by ‘high to low, most relevant etc’ and pricing slider by cost from $0 to $x dollars etc. we can’t find that feature.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/324ifx560r3no6f/IMG_7536.jpg?dl=0 >
    according to my developer the calendar under ‘Booking’ – Ajax search pro is conflicting with dates of the tour so he disabled due to compatability issue.

Please login to the WP Admin and help us optimize or check settings.

thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by sawimksa29 sawimksa29.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The dropbox file seems to be detelted, can you please reupload?

The filters section you can find under the Frontend filters option. If you are using WooCommerce, then most product attributes are taxonomy terms, and the price is stored as a custom field ‘_price’.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you! I tried to log-in with the details, but I am getting this error: https://i.imgur.com/6pFb74N.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant
    sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant

hi Ernest can you please update on this? we purchased this plugin last week after replacing it with Seachanise as we were told its better

Users are unhappy with it and its indexing all kinds of junk & duplicate data and search results page look bad. For some reason its creating conflict with the calendar in the booking page.

‘Did you mean’ picks up random data unrelated to the site so we disabled it.

i attached some screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you for the details, I could log-in now.

I saw you had ajax search lite active, so for the meantime I deactivated it until I tested the Pro version. I have first created a new search instance, imported from the lite version, so the settings are the same. Then I have tested:
    – Search for “crab”: https://i.imgur.com/ajy41nM.png
    – Searcg for “desert safari”: https://i.imgur.com/UtMQghd.png
    These seem to be all right. The issues were probably due to a misconfiguration.

I also checked the booking page, but it seems to be okay at the moment as well: https://i.imgur.com/8BX4SX9.png
    That may have been caused by uncleared cache.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant

Thanks Ernest. It’s improving!

a.) we can’t search or type at all in ajaxpro. PFA screenshot
    b.) Did you mean? isn’t working. earlier it did earlier, but showing irrelevant suggestions related to punks, Xbox etc 🙂 now its not appearing at all. It must suggest keywords, tags on the site.

c.) please type any keyword and press enter > then see search results page isn’t looking nice. it looks messing. we just need to show thumbnail, read more link, and page name – clean and simple.

once you fix these, we can take a final look and close ticket.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You need to change the ajax search lite shortcode to ajax search pro shortcode in that section: [wd_asp id=2]
    It is still the shortcode from the lite version. Once you change it, it will be all right.
    2. You can change the sources here. You probably want to disable the google suggestions, and use tour-cat or similar.
    3. The results page layout and fields are not affected by the plugin unfortunately. It only sends the results there, but the theme/theme builder is handling the layout. You may need to look for options within the theme you are using for that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant

hi Ernest,

what about languages? our site will be available in 20 languages soon (its 5 now). can user search for it? its machine translation.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by sawimksa29 sawimksa29.
    sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant

Ernest hi! we fixed all the issues, except this:

In the actual search results page can we show at least 5-6 lines of text snippets and the price of the tour or whatever is possible above ‘Read more’ button?

For example, ‘Desert Safari’ there are 5-6 search results. Unless user opens each page he doesn’t know what they are, cost etc.

Its waste of time for user & AjaxPRO has no search filters for price; sort by high to low, most popular, most relevant, sort by alphabetical order etc – that we are aware of.

please guide us. that’ll finish this task.

thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortuantely the results page layout and contents can not be controlled by the plugin – that is fully theme territory. You may have to look in the theme options.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sawimksa29
    sawimksa29
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.