Categories not working properly in Search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Categories not working properly in Search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cjohnson1341
    cjohnson1341
    Participant

Installing Ajax Search Pro on client’s website and had two issues:

1) When I edit the “grouping” option, I select all the categories for their job postings that they want to include. But when I type it into the search bar, the only category that shows up is “Investment Banking/Corporate Development” while all the rest show up under “Other”. I check the posted jobs and there are other categories assigned. I have attached an image of what I am talking about. So far I have not seen anyone else have this problem so I have not been able to troubleshoot it.

2) I added this code snippet to my functions php file: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/showing-the-category-titles-in-the-result-title/. But the page still shows “Search Results” at the top.

I know that you would probably like to login to see what I am talking about, but since it is my client’s site, I don’t know how I feel about giving their login information out. But it we cannot solve this without it, I will pass along the login.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. I will definitely have to look at this one via the back-end, as I am not able to replicate the issue on my test servers unfortunately.
    Does anything change if you choose the Use all from {taxonomy} option there?

2. Do you mean the results page title? That code is to change the live result titles to append the category/taxonomy term names to them. The page title is a theme related feature, the plugin cannot affect that. You will have to change that somewhere on the theme options, or via custom code, it depends on the theme I guess.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.