Warning: mysql_real_escape_string()

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Warning: mysql_real_escape_string()

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ddlx ddlx 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi Just purchased and installed the plugin on a site I’m currently building (http://www.globalliteracynetworks.co.uk) and after the first few steps (creating a name and clicking “Add”), I’m getting this message:-

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): No such file or directory in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/gl/ob/al/globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/settings.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/gl/ob/al/globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/settings.php on line 41.

I don’t know as yet if this affects the workings because it’s outputted the Tools > X > and Quick shortcode, so I’ll proceed in the hope that the above warning is something that can be fixed (or doesn’t hinder the operation).

Please advise on this ASAP

Best regards

Steve

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve looked into the issue, and it looks like that in some cases (for specific php versions) the mysql_real_escape_string function throws a warning message if a mysql link is not specified. It shouldn’t affect the outcome – so if you are able to change the search settings and use the search it shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m definitely replacing these lines with alternative solutions for the next bugfixed version as others may experience it as well.

Thank you for noticing me!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Going through various options I get:-

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/gl/ob/al/globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/settings/class/customtaxonomyterm.class.php on line 107

Warning: Illegal string offset 'value' in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/gl/ob/al/globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/settings/class/customtaxonomyterm.class.php on line 108

Warning: Illegal string offset 'value' in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/gl/ob/al/globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/settings/class/customtaxonomyterm.class.php on line 47

And when I go to “Fulltext Search Settings” I get this message

MyIsam tables are disabled, fulltext search not available!

Best regards

Steve

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi

Well I’ve got to the end and it’s not working – I’ve taken the underconstuction page down so you can see what it’s doing (http://www.globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/). I don’t have any posts or content for the site yet, but say if I put in “lorem ipsum” it can’t find it. Also the tools menu has vanished??

Is there anything you can suggest?

Best regards

Steve

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi Ernest
    There’s just too many things wrong with this as I’ve detailed above. With a lack of any kind of helpful response. I’m afraid I can’t wait any longer as my clients won’t accept a non functioning advanced search feature. It appears you have a lot of work to do before it is fit for purpose.
    If you have no solutions then I guess I have no choice but to get a refund from Envato.
    It’s a shame though, as if it worked it is a better looking search than the rest on offer.
    Best regards

Steve

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m currently working on a solution, but the thing is that I can’t reproduce the issues on any of my servers 🙁

I have never experienced sush problems before, and I was unable to work this weekend. I was trying to play with the server configuration, I’m sure that it’s related to that as well.

Can you by any chance provide temporary ftp and administrator access to your clients website, or to a test environment where the search is installed? I can start working on solutions step by step, but I’m afraid something new would come up every time.

You can try for a refund at envato, but I’m afraid they will refuse it as you had already downloaded the product. Digital products refund policy is very strict unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

In addition, if you can’t provide access, maybe the error log file would also help a lot. You can find it in the plugins/wp-content/ajax-search-pro/ directory. The file is named simply error_log with no extension.

You will maybe have to zip it before uploading, I’m not sure if the web uploader handles files without extensions.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi Ernest

I’m afraid I can’t release the ftp passwords etc as this is a government funded site and they have strict policies.

I can give you the error log file (see attached).
    Best regards

Steve

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay. The error log unfortunately contains nothing useful. I think it’s because the errors are outputted right onto the page.

Can you make a random post or page that would only contain the search? Then you can send the page/post url to me, at least I could see if it looks normal, and maybe I can fetch some errors from the developer console.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi Ernest

http://www.globalliteracynetworks.co.uk/?page_id=181

It returns a 3 whatever I search for??

I haven’t tried the widget (instead of the shortcode) yet – is it worth a go?

Or likely not to function?

I would really like this to work – it’s by far, the best I’ve seen, however my times a bit limited on this project – I have to decide today whether to take a chance that we/you can fix it. Or get a simpler one that works.

I don’t know if this helps but it functions as it should in the preview window – just not on the live page.

Best regards

Steve

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This is what I was able to determine based on the front-end:

• The search function is fortunately working without errors, that’s a good thing
    • The problem is in the search configuration – however I’m not sure if the frontend configuration corresponds to the backend values.

So far what I see is that it’s either the search in posts, search in pages, search in content options are disabled on the general options page (https://i.imgur.com/VraGQIp.png)
    or despite the configuration the frontend shows something entirely different.

Can you check your general settings page, and perhaps make a screenshot of it? It would confirm if the error is related to the database.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi Ernest

Here’s some screenshots of the settings page.

Best regards

Steve

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you. That looks normal, it confirmes that there is something wrong with the data storage. In the meantime I had made some changes to the search on my test server. I’m not sure if it will help, but lets hope for the best. I’ve attached it to this post, please do the following:

– Delete all the search instances you had created on the search options page (https://i.imgur.com/qbPrcVY.png)
    – Disable then delete the plugin in the plugin manager
    – Download the attached file to this post and install it
    – You should see the ajax search pro again on the sidebar
    – Create a new search, hopefully the mysql_real_escape… error will not appear
    – Open the search options for the newly created search instance
    – Save the options – regardless you changed them or not
    – Place the shortcode to a page, or make a widget

Let me know if anything is changed!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Pixelist
    Pixelist
    Participant

Hi Ernest

I tried above (this time I uploaded through ftp instead of the dasboard).
    Still no Luck – I didn’t change any settings and it’s gone all over the place (see screenshot). Again the preview shows and works, but not the live page. This time the filter check boxes show up (un-styled), underneath the footer?? and the searchbox has no icons in it (and no border styling).

I will try the widget but I’m not at all confident it will make any difference.

If it is something to do with the data storage, is that to do with the wp database? – the isp set this up. Is there something I should ask or check with them? If so what?

Best regards

Steve

Ps I will test on another server to confirm this.

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Did you delete the previous search as I asked in the previous post?
    Please create a new search as I suggested and save it’s settings. You don’t need to change any settings just save them after creating the new search.

The one I have uploaded is not the same as the old, you need to create a new search and save the settings once.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.